What is the Global Studies Program?
The goal of the Global Studies Program is to develop active, engaged global citizens. We work to understand how our actions and experiences intersect with the world-at-large, and use this knowledge to effect positive change by developing the following skills...
- Thinking critically and creatively, including adopting a multiperspective approach that recognizes the different dimensions and angles of issues
- Apply systems thinking to analyze the interdependence of contemporary and historical economic, social and environmental issues
- Demonstrating civic and community engagement
- Going deeper through dialogue with those who have different opinions and backgrounds
- Constructing multicultural competence and cultivating empathy throughout our learning